Buying a Business
Buying a business is a major decision. It will not only affect you financially, but more importantly, it is a lifestyle decision. How you live your life is shaped and influenced by what you do for a living. If you have decided that now may be an opportune time to consider going into business for yourself, working with a business broker can provide you with the professional assistance necessary for a smooth and successful transaction.
Buying an existing business can often make more sense than starting a business because:
- According to Statistics Canada, many start-up businesses don’t make it past their first year, and more than 50% fail within the first 5 years. Purchasing an established business can be cheaper, faster and safer.
- You have profits from day one and access to immediate cash flow.
- A proven track record and existing cash flow make it easier to get additional financing.
- You are purchasing an established customer base and goodwill.
- Operations are already in place including products, suppliers, and employees.
- You will receive training from the previous owner to ensure a successful transition.
Buying an existing business can often make more sense than starting a business. We can help you find the right business. Contact Beal Business Brokers & Advisors for a free initial consultation.
Confidentiality is key to both buyers and sellers of businesses. Business owners typically do not want us to put a big “FOR SALE” sign on their front lawn — it’s bad for business — clients, employees, and suppliers all get nervous. The best businesses to buy are the ones where the owner is careful about who knows it’s for sale.
To this end, we require all buyers to complete a buyer information form and sign a confidentiality agreement before receiving further information.
By registering with us as a buyer, we will be better able to assist you, by providing the following:
- Get regular updates on new businesses for sale
- Access additional information on a business
- Enter your interests on the registration form and you will receive an email when a business for sale matches your criteria.
Beal Business Brokers & Advisors can help you reduce your risk by representing you in your acquisition process using the following proven steps:
- Search: We help you find the right business
- Screening: We help you focus on the best businesses.
- Valuation and Negotiation: Once you find the right business we can help you understand the true business value and detect financial and nonfinancial factors that impact that value.
- Due Diligence, Financing and Agreement Structuring: Beal Business Brokers & Advisors can help you through the process of due diligence and financing as well as advise on key elements of a purchase agreement on price, terms and conditions so the deal will close.
You may only buy a business once in your life – Make sure you do it right – It’s your money on the line!
Contact us for a free initial consultation.